by Brianna Crandall — September 27, 2021 — CoreNet Global, a global nonprofit association for corporate real estate (CRE) professionals, recently released a new survey tracking whether large corporations will be mandating masks and Covid-19 vaccinations for employees as they return to the office.
Of the 200+ respondents:
- 30% say their companies will require that employees have vaccinations before they can return to work. 70% say their companies will not require vaccinations of returning employees.
- 63% say their companies are requiring masks even among the vaccinated in the office. 37% say their companies are not requiring masks among vaccinated employees.
- 65% say they are personally wearing a mask indoors.
When asked whether the Delta variant is delaying the return to work:
- 49% said their companies were delaying the return to the office.
- 6% said their companies were instituting indefinite remote work options.
- 41% said their companies were not changing course as a result of the Delta variant.
The survey was conducted online in August 2021, and more than 200 corporate real estate professionals and service providers for large corporations responded. The vast majority of the respondents were in North America.
Atlanta, Georgia-based CoreNet Global represents nearly 10,000 executives in 50 countries with strategic responsibility for the real estate assets of large corporations.