by Brianna Crandall — October 27, 2021 — Given the persistence of the Covid-19 pandemic, Italy’s professional cleaning sector recently initiated an exemplary move to work together to effectively contain the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, according to cleaning industry trade association ISSA EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa).
The partners formed the Cleaning and Services Interassociative Team (TIPS), a new body that brings together the main associations representing Italy’s professional cleaning sector: those representing cleaning companies and those representing the manufacturers and distributors of professional cleaning equipment.
The goal is that the institutions will be involved in the decision-making processes aimed at containing the pandemic through the cleaning of public and private facilities.
TIPS is comprised of the following organizations:
- AFIDAMP national association of professional cleaning equipment suppliers
- Confartigianato Cleaning Companies
- CNA Cleaning Companies
- Casartigiani Cleaning Companies
- Confcooperative Lavoro e Servizi
- FNIP Confcommercio
- National School Services Foundation
- ISSA EMEA
- Legacoop Production and Services
- Unionservizi Confapi
On October 12, 2021, TIPS presented its Manifesto of Intent in the Press Room of the Chamber of Deputies in Rome. Those in attendance included representatives from the member groups.
TIPS will immediately set up a control room, composed of representatives of all the member organizations, which will structure a set of proposals to bring to the attention of the Italian Legislature and Government, as well as awareness-raising actions towards stakeholders and public opinion.
Its main objectives include:
- Enhancement of the sector and its operators;
- The standardization of cleaning processes and protocols, including the preparation of a price list that takes into account the actual execution times and methods;
- The regulatory clarification of the concept of sanitation and of which subjects are qualified for this professional service, as agreed in the definitions indicated in the memorandum of intent signed between the parties on September 8, 2021;
- The fight against contractual dumping, forms of unfair competition, and the total exit from the logic of the maximum discount for the purchases of services by the public administration;
- The recognition and enhancement of professional skills voluntarily obtained on the job also through qualification courses for cleaning company operators;
- A renewed pact between public and private based on increasing the quality of services.
ISSA’s more than 10,500 members include distributors, manufacturers, manufacturer representatives, wholesalers, building service contractors, in-house service providers, residential cleaners and associated service members. The association is committed to changing the way the world views cleaning by providing its members with the business tools they need to promote cleaning as an investment in human health, the environment, and an improved bottom line. Headquartered in Rosemont, IL, USA, the association has regional offices in Germany, Canada, Australia, South Korea and China.