by Brianna Crandall — April 6, 2020 — Traction Guest, a provider of cloud-based solutions for enterprise visitor management systems (VMS) used around the world, recently announced the release of its 2020 Visitor Management Report. Traction Guest surveyed professionals from multiple industries globally to uncover insights and opportunities in the visitor management category and reveal emerging trends for the coming year. The company also provides best practices for the outbreak of COVID-19, caused by the SARS-CoV-2 novel coronavirus.
An enterprise visitor management system allows organizations to streamline the visitor management process through pre-registration, visitor sign-in, identity (ID) verification, visitor identification with photo badges, watchlist creations, and customizable notifications for hosts and security.
This third annual Visitor Management Report assesses how visitor management technology is impacting the overall enterprise: from organizational security to operational efficiency, and enterprise data richness. While there’s still a solid focus on visitor management systems enhancing overall brand experiences and perception, today’s main concerns are around safety and compliance.
According to Keith Metcalfe, CEO of Traction Guest:
2019 was a turning point. There’s no longer a need to convince companies that a cloud-based VMS is the most efficient way to create a secure and welcoming process for handling visitors — it’s now seen as a necessity. Today’s top enterprises recognize that a VMS is a critical security and compliance tool. It helps protect people, data and infrastructure, and provides process standardization across locations worldwide.
Key stats from the study include:
- Respondents rate the importance of having a visitor management system as 8.6 out of 10.
- 92% of 2019 respondents say a VMS creates a safer environment, up 10% from 2017.
- 76% of 2019 respondents report that adding a VMS has improved visitor feedback, up 4% from 2018 and up 23% from 2017.
- 94% of 2019 respondents say having a VMS increases operational efficiency, up from 92% in 2018.
- Companies care most about compliance: Compliance is the top reason to buy a VMS (38% of respondents in 2019, up by 22% from 2018).
- Increased concern for data protection: Companies are more worried about data security (63% of respondents in 2019 vs. 44% in 2018).
- Background checks and security needs rise: 35% of respondents in 2019 require the ability to create watchlists (up from 25% in 2018).
- Compliance and data gathering on the rise: 68% of 2019 respondents require visitors to sign documents at check-in (up 8% from last year); 85% of enterprise companies in 2019 ask visitors to sign documents at check-in.
- High VMS optimization and maturity: 36% of 2019 respondents state they are past initial adoption and are now focused on optimizing their VMS platform.
Download the full 2020 Visitor Management Report from the Traction Guest website.
For the current global situation, Traction Guest also offers Visitor operations best practices during the COVID-19 outbreak: Learn more about how you can protect your facilities, employees and visitors during disease outbreaks on the company’s website.
Traction Guest’s visitor management system empowers businesses across five continents and dozens of industries with a highly customizable platform to deliver a high level of security and an intuitive visit experience across multiple entry points. The rapidly growing company recently opened additional offices in Seattle and Dublin, Ireland, and was named among the 20 Rising Stars as part of the Forbes 2019 Cloud 100 list.