by Brianna Crandall — January 1, 2020 — Moisture meters provider Tramex Meters recently announced the latest iteration of its popular nondestructive moisture meter, the Concrete Moisture Encounter CME5.
Designed and built in Ireland, for decades the Concrete Moisture Encounter has provided noninvasive moisture content measurement in concrete. Now Tramex Meters says it has taken the Concrete Moisture Encounter capabilities to a new level.
Building on the company’s traditional values of reliability and repeatability of readings, the new Concrete Moisture Encounter CME5 also includes:
- Bluetooth connectivity to IOS and Android app, allowing for continual development and integration of apps and reporting
- Robust new enclosure with rugged ergonomic design
- Extension bracket and handle to avoid kneeling (optional accessory)
- Optimized for extended battery life
- Optimized for combined testing to improve accuracy
The Tramex moisture and humidity testing system was developed to help users avoid moisture-related problems in flooring and to identify the cause of problems if they do occur. According to the company, the system involves testing the subfloor using both the Tramex CME nondestructive test and in situ Relative Humidity Hygro-i probes. The ambient conditions of the building are also measured, and the moisture condition of many floor coverings can be checked; for example, wood flooring can be checked in conjunction with a handheld pin probe.
For more information, see the Concrete Moisture Encounter CME5 product page on the Tramex Meters website.