by Brianna Crandall — April 7, 2021 — Bell & Gossett, a manufacturer of pumps, valves and heat exchangers and a brand of global water technology company Xylem, has announced the expansion of the CRS Coalescing-Style Air & Sediment Separator product line. The extended CRS line — available for use in any HVAC system — helps break entrained air and suspended solids out of system fluid to efficiently remove these contaminants and improve heat transfer and energy efficiency.
Chris Kerback, Bell & Gossett product line manager, Engineered Specialties, stated:
This expansion to our CRS product line provides our customers next-level adaptability for commercial systems. Now with even greater variety of sizes, connections and configurations, the Bell & Gossett CRS line improves contaminant control in any HVAC system design.
With lower energy use and its robust design, the CRS helps protect pumps, boilers and other components, improving and prolonging the life of a system. The CRS separator’s internal coalescing media is designed to efficiently remove up to 100 percent of fluid contaminants — including entrained and free air and suspended solids — out of heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems, improving heat transfer capabilities and resulting in energy efficiencies.
Features and benefits of the Bell & Gossett CRS line include:
- Lifting Lugs — makes moving and installing easier
- Threaded Connection — provides optional air vent or can be used for connection to an expansion tank
- Optional Skim Valve — removes large volumes of air during system fill
- Stainless Steel Coalescing Media (patent pending) — helps break the surface tension within the system fluid to release air and allow bubbles to rise to the top of the tank for removal or direct to the expansion tank
- Tank Body Design — is twice as large as the inlet and outlet nozzles, providing a reduction in fluid velocity, easing the removal of entrained air and suspended solids
Bell & Gossett CRS Coalescing-Style Air & Sediment Separators are available in a number of models to best fit a system’s requirements.
Models are available for air-only, sediment-only, and air/sediment combo separation, with the option for a removable or non-removable coalescing media, and for standard or high velocities. Models are available in sizes 2” through 36” with 2” – 4” flange or groove end connections. Max 150 psi and 450°F (232°C) maximum working temperature.
For more information about the CRS Coalescing-Style Air & Sediment Separator line, visit the Bell & Gossett website.