by Brianna Crandall — August 28, 2020 — The COVID-19 pandemic has created an urgent need to accurately and efficiently manage occupancy regulations and enable social distancing in corporate workspaces, higher education buildings, retail stores, and manufacturing facilities. People counting and queue management solutions provider Irisys recently launched the Irisys SafeCount live occupancy monitoring solution to help businesses comply with social distancing and occupancy guidelines by anonymously counting people as they enter and exit buildings and rooms.
Suitable for buildings of all sizes, even those with multiple entrances and exits, SafeCount delivers live occupancy data with visual warnings and alerts when limits are approached or exceeded.
Built on the advanced Irisys Vector 4D people-counting sensor, SafeCount features:
- Easy, fast installation — Simple setup and configuration in less than 30 minutes
- High accuracy — Better than 99 percent sensor accuracy that is unaffected by environmental conditions or large crowds
- Privacy protection — No personally identifiable information is captured by the system.
- Staff detection — advanced functionality can exclude staff from occupancy count.
- Standalone system, yet scalable — SafeCount works separately from existing IT networks and you can add the optional SafeCount Plus cloud platform for remote management and reporting.
Mike Slevin, director of Sales at Irisys, noted that:
The Irisys SafeCount dashboard puts real-time occupancy data in the hands of attendants and managers while the historical reports provide an audit trail for social distancing compliance. Perhaps more importantly, SafeCount gives customers, employees, and visitors peace of mind that your company is protecting their health and safety.
The SafeCount Plus cloud platform supports an unlimited number of buildings in different locations and time zones. Its advanced reporting enables managers to easily review, compare and analyze occupancy data to identify locations that are not complying with coronavirus occupancy restrictions, allowing them to take action.
For more information and introductory videos on the Irisys SafeCount live occupancy monitoring solution, visit the company’s website. Infrared Integrated Systems Ltd, generally called Irisys, became part of the global Fluke Corporation in 2012. Irisys technology is used by major organizations globally in sectors varying from retail, banks and transport to leisure facilities and public buildings in order to give operators the insight needed to improve customer service, operational efficiency, and profitability.