Posted by Johann Nacario
— October 1, 2023 — With industry review of the new Energy Data Standard from OSCRE International
just ending, three pilot projects are being conducted to test implementation. While the new standard includes specific implementation guidelines, the lessons learned from these pilots will provide more specific first-hand experience in three types of implementation situations:
- Assessing the fit of the new energy data set for an investment firm;
- Testing data exchanges between multiple software platforms on behalf of a common client; and
- Assessing the exchange of data between a service provider and a corporate client.
Image courtesy of OSCRE
Organizations participating in these pilots include Brookfield and Hines from the investment sector and Dollar Tree from the corporate sector. ConnexFM, the member-based multi-site retail organization, CoreNet Global and IFMA also joined OSCRE in this collaborative project to help drive improvements in energy data management for their members and the real estate industry.
Also participating in the pilot projects are CBRE, Cherre, MRI Software, Schneider Electric and Yardi. The pilots will be tracked and documented by OSCRE member consulting firms CohnReznick, eBusiness Strategies, EY and Lionpoint. Their support will help OSCRE capture the lessons learned from the pilots.
The pilots will provide insights that include:
- More clarity on what it takes to implement the new Energy Data Standard;
- A closer look at the new API specifications for data exchanges; and
- Assessing impacts on existing data models and new data flows from the building to the portfolio level.
OSCRE’s thanks go to the firms that have stepped forward to participate in these pilot projects. Their experience and shared insights will be captured in a resource document to assist organizations who are seeking a more consistent approach to collecting, analyzing and reporting energy data.