by Brianna Crandall — March 8, 2021 — Sonim Technologies recently announced the commercial availability of its RS80 SmartScanner tablet in North America and Europe. Designed to serve industrial, public-safety and field-service workers in demanding work environments, the RS80 is the first fully-rugged tablet to join the Sonim ultra-rugged product line. The company also just announced the availability of the ultra-rugged RS60 SmartScanner handheld device across North America.
The Sonim RS80 is an eight-inch tablet — and the RS60 is a six-inch handheld — with an integrated barcode scanner that features a glove-friendly touch screen, high-capacity multi-shift battery, resistance to water and dust, and a variety of additional features and capabilities to maximize its functionality on the job.
The RS80 and RS60 are built to last and can lower the total cost of ownership (TCO) compared to consumer tablets and mobile devices as a result of their proven durability while also improving the barcode scanning experience for front-line workers who must rapidly capture large amounts of data while keeping access to business applications.
Key features of the scanners include:
- Front- and rear-facing cameras for taking photos and video calls while on the job
- Android 10 operating system
- Integrated barcode scanner capable of fast and reliable scanning
- High-bandwidth 4G LTE connectivity
- Comprehensive two-year warranty
- High-capacity multi-shift battery
- Glove-friendly touchscreen
- Built to withstand water, dust, drops and chemicals
- Can be cleaned and sanitized with bleach, isopropyl alcohol, and other disinfectants as needed to minimize risk of contamination
- Support SonimWare Enterprise Mobility Software, a comprehensive set of software tools, applications and utilities that help improve management and productivity
Facilities managers (FMs) who service large indoor and outdoor facilities and manage a constantly mobile team will appreciate such applications with Sonim devices as lone worker protection, device consolidation, proof of activity and indoor/outdoor location, and more.
The RS80 SmartScanner tablet is available through Sonim distribution partners Crossover in North America, and Capestone in the United Kingdom and Europe. Both the RS80 scanner and the RS60 SmartScanner handheld device are also available through Energy Electronics across North America.
Sonim Technologies is an Austin, Texas-based provider of ultra-rugged mobility solutions designed specifically for task workers physically engaged in their work environments, often in mission-critical roles. The Sonim solution includes ultra-rugged mobile phones, a suite of industrial-grade accessories, and data and workflow applications that are collectively designed to increase worker productivity, communication and safety on the job site.