Posted by Johann Nacario — February 17, 2023 — National Cleaning Week takes place March 26 – April 1, 2023. The week-long event hosted by ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association, is a celebration to honor frontline cleaning professionals and advocates for the industry. This is the fourth consecutive year ISSA is working to expand public acknowledgment of the industry’s positive impact on the economy as well as the value of clean as it relates to improving public health.
National Cleaning Week represents a unique opportunity to celebrate the Value of Clean, raise public awareness, and honor cleaning professionals. Supporting cleaning industry companies and organizations can partner with ISSA to help spread public awareness.
On February 22, ISSA will host a free, one-hour webinar offering insight and ideas for organizations to leverage National Cleaning Week in their customer outreach and internal communications. Register here.
ISSA Executive Director John Barrett stated:
Frontline cleaning professionals like custodians, housekeepers, and environmental services professionals play an important role in helping to keep the public safe and healthy. National Cleaning Week is our industry’s time to honor and celebrate the hard work and achievements of these essential workers and advocate for a cleaner, healthier world.
National Cleaning Week offers something for everyone, including:
- Marketing — Use this week to increase sales for your company. Run special promotions to generate interest in your service or product while also helping to raise awareness for the importance of clean and the industry. You can also utilize the National Cleaning Week Partner Toolkit which is packed full with template graphics, social media posts, and e-newsletter language.
- Events — Legislation is key for protecting the well-being of all cleaning professionals. The ISSA Clean Advocacy Summit takes place March 28-29 in Washington, DC, and offers participants insights about the top public policy issues impacting the industry as well as the opportunity to directly interact with Congressional offices. Also that week in DC, Cleaning & Cocktails Live will teach attendees how to grow their cleaning business on March 29-30.
- Help make it official — Help ISSA by submitting a proclamation to designate an official week of cleaning for your state and/or city. ISSA has prepared a template proclamation, but they need your help submitting proclamation requests by February 17. Help ISSA reach its goal of designating a cleaning week in all 50 states. Contact ISSA Government Affairs Manager Stacy Seiden.
- Education — During National Cleaning Week, ISSA will offer membership and educational resource discounts as well as scholarship and learning opportunities.
- Philanthropy — Cleaning for a Reason is an ISSA Charities signature program that provides clean homes for cancer patients. National Cleaning Week is the perfect time for individuals to donate and for organizations to become corporate partners.
For more information about National Cleaning Week and to download the partnership toolkit to promote the event, visit ISSA’s National Cleaning Week.